People Power Partnership
DO YOU WANT TO DANCE YOUR WAY THROUGH EUROPE?
AUDITION-WORKSHOPS 19- 21 MARCH 2021
Deadline for registering: Friday 5 March
Click image to download PDF flyer
WHAT IS PPP
People Power Partnership is a largescale, international urban dance & theatre project.
In 2020-2024, PPP will create a total of 14 performances, which will be presented 27 times, using mirrors, HipHop and urban dance as the language of expression. The performances will be in public spaces in 11 different European countries in a collaboration between 14 partner-cities and festivals. PPP is co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union
PASSAGE Festival is one of the partners. Each partner will host auditions to find 8 young dancers and performers to join the project.
OPEN CALL: PASSAGE Festival + Aktionstheater PAN.OPTIKUM (DE) is hosting
AUDITION-WORKSHOPS 19- 21 MARCH 2021
WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN US?
- You are 18-25 years old
- You are a dancer with a strong sense of rhythm and experience with (urban) dance
- You have some stage experience – and singing and acting doesn’t scare you either
- You love the thought of performing and travelling for several weeks across Europe each year during 2021-2024 – while you still have time to go to school, work or what else you need to do
- You’d like to meet other young people from different European countries
- You have at least 2 hours to spare for the workshop during the weekend 19-21 March 2021
HOW TO APPLY
Answer these questions with a video (IN ENGLISH).
All dance styles, genders, ethnicities and sizes welcome!
- In which dance style or dance surrounding do you feel the most comfortable, the most at home?
- What could be challenging for you in dance or in choreography work?
- What are your skills in dancing and in life – what character traits do you bring into the group?
- What do you expect from the project and what goals are important for you to reach?
PLEASE SEND THE VIDEO TO HEIDI JOHANNE ENGSIG AT PASSAGE FESTIVAL VIA
WhatsApp: +45 53 79 08 11 or WeTransfer: email@example.com
Contact us by the email above or via our Social Media Channels below.
Join us for a Q&A at ZOOM about the project and auditions:
Choose your preferred date and register for a ZOOM session:
READ MORE ABOUT PPP
P.O.D - The Crossing Lines Project was a prequel to PPP
PEOPLE POWER PARTNERSHIP IS
14 partners in 11 European countries
104 young performers
A professional creative team to develop the performances together with participants
13 site-specific productions
1 largescale main performance, which will tour all over Europe in 2023-24.
Aktionstheater PAN.OPTIKUM from Germany is in charge of the project and is known for creating large scale visual dance- and theatre productions.
PPP is co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union
PPP i to faser
Every performance will be presented as part of a festival.The themes are signed for public spaces and are strongly focused on socially relevant topics. The participants will co-create each performance.
Visually and dramaturgically, all performances will use mirrors in various shapes and contexts.
The participants will work together with the professional creative team from PAN.OPTIKUM, and with several participants from a former similar project: POWER OF DIVERSITY – The Crossing Lines project, which PASSAGE Festival was a part of in 2015-18. In this way, PPP will be a development of this project, building on all the experiences and learnings and taking them a step further.
In the second phase of PPP, the young participants will create a largescale performance together with PAN.OPTIKUM, that will tour across Europe to all the partner-cities. Participants will be teamed up in several constellations.
Below, you will find photos from the two performances created and presented in Helsingør in 2016 and 2017: for POWER OF DIVERSITY – The Crossing Lines project: