Sustainability of the Arts / Conference
Conversations and discussions about the future of performing arts in public space
9-11 June 2022 Helsingør + Helsingborg + Online
DOWLOAD PDF PROGRAMME: NORDIC STREET 9-11 June Programme Schedule
PASSAGE Festival invites artists, creators, performers, and everyone with an interest in performing arts, to join a conversation over the course of 3 days about the future of performing arts in public space. About the framework, conditions and the role of outdoor arts:
- How can performing arts tap into this agenda on sustainability and shape our future?
- What kind of conditions do the future performing arts have in the urban space?
- What are the possibilities and limitations of the digitalization?
- How can we continue to ensure international exchange?
NORDIC STREET Sustainability of the Arts is our first step towards developing a longterm platform for theatre festivals and performing artists in the North of Europe. A platform for real dialogue and exchange of knowledge between professionals.
This first edition will bring the artists’ experiences, wishes and visions for a sustainable future into focus, with an emphasis on dialogue, co-thinking and in-depth discussions:
READ MORE ABOUT THE CONTRIBUTORS HERE
HOW AND WHERE
You can register for a Single Day or the Full Programme
DEADLINE: 25 MAY 2022
- Thursday 9 June 10:00-19:00 / Helsingør: Artistic programme in public space + talk sessions at Catch. Host of the day: Majken Overgaard (DK)
- Friday 10 June 10:00-19:00 / Helsingborg: Conversations and small working group sessions Host of the day: Aslak Gottlieb (DK)
- Saturday 11 June 10:00-19:00 / Helsingborg: Conversations and small working group sessions Host of the morning programme: Ludvig Duregård (SE)
- Thursday 9 – Saturday 11 June / ONLINE: Livestreams,online discussions and break-out sessions with some of the NORDIC STREET contributors. Hosted by Niels Righoldt and Astrid Aspegren from CKI (The Danish Centre for Arts & Interculture
NORDIC STREET will take place in both Helsingborg, Sweden and Helsingør, Denmark.
The conversations will take place at Dunkers kulturhus in Helsingborg, Sweden, as part of the H22 City Expo: Helsingborg’s major investment in future solutions for a better and more sustainable city.
An international artistic programme in both Helsingør and Helsingborg will complement the conversations. The NORDIC STREET programme and conversations will be in English
The NORDIC STREET program is created by PASSAGE Festival as a part of the H22 City Expo with the support from Perform Europe.
PASSAGE Festival is presented annually in a unique collaboration between two cities, two countries and two organisations: PASSAGE Festival takes place in both Helsinborg, Sweden and Helsingør, Denmark, and is organised by the Swedish cultural institution Dunkers kulturhus and the Danish local theatre association Helsingør Teater. Despite different prerequisites and endless amounts of red tapes, the two organisations have succeeded in developing one of the largest and most attractive festivals for performing arts in public spaces in Northern Europe for more than 15 years.
H22 is a major initiative by Helsingborg city to develop future welfare solutions aimed at improving quality of life in a smarter, more sustainable city.
H22 City Expo 30 May – 3 July 2022: For 35 days, Helsingborg invites the world to explore new twists on a sustainable city that celebrates all life. Through cultural events, conferences, innovative installations and more, the H22 Expo explores how innovation and collaboration can inspire everyday solutions to the world’s biggest challenges.
Partners and Collaborations
NORDIC STREET is organized by PASSAGE Festival ( Helsingør Teater and Dunkers kulturhus)
The program is created in collaboration with
CatCh – Center for Art, Design and Technology, CKI – Danish Centre for Arts and Interculture and Halmstad International Street Theatre Festival
Foundation INITIUM (LV) and Malmö Universitet, Center for interaktionsdesign
NORDIC STREET is supported by: Perform Europe, H22 City Expo, Nordisk Kulturfond, Region Skåne, Helsingør-Helsingborg Cooperation and Event in Skåne